A Comprehensive Review or Revy:
Nestled in the heart of British Columbia, Revelstoke Mountain Resort (RMR) isn’t just another ski resort. Situated in the beautiful British Columbia, it’s where thrill-seekers, mountain lovers, and ski resort enthusiasts converge, drawn by tales of deep powder, expansive terrains, and the charming community spirit of a quintessential mountain town with its small town charm.
The Vast Ski Area of Revelstoke Mountain Resort: RMR, a premier ski resort in Canada, proudly claims the most lift served vertical in North America, boasting a staggering 1,713 meters of lift-accessed terrain within its ski area. This is no surprise given that Revelstoke Mountain Resort offers an expansive 3,121 acres of skiable terrain, which includes everything from high alpine bowls to meticulously groomed runs. Specifically, this ski resort boasts:
- 75 runs segmented as 12% green, 43% intermediate, and 45% advanced.
- A long stretch of 15.2km titled “The Last Spike” as its longest run.
- Four distinct bowls: South Bowl, North Bowl, Powder Assault, and Greely Bowl, which offer big mountain terrain and varied terrains for skiers and snowboarders of all levels.
Unparalleled Skiing & Riding Options with big mountain terrain at Revelstoke Mountain Resort: RMR, counted among the best ski resorts, holds a unique position in the skiing world; it’s the only resort globally to offer lift, cat, heli skiing, and backcountry skiing all from one village base. Given Revelstoke’s reputation as a mecca for helicopter and cat skiers in Canada, Selkirk Tangiers Heli Skiing offers a vast expanse of 500,000 acres for heli skiing, holding the title of the largest heli skiing tenure in the region. Revelstoke Mountain Resort ensures an unmatched experience for all snow adventurers, from novices to professionals, especially those seeking their own adventure.
Winter Activities Beyond Skiing in Revelstoke Mountain Resort: Beyond traditional skiing and snowboarding, Revelstoke Mountain Resort’s winter wonderland offers a range of activities during the summer months and winter alike:
- Snowmobiling tours in landscapes blanketed with legendary powder and an annual snowfall of 10.5 meters.
- Nordic skiing over 30km of groomed trails at Mt. Macpherson.
- Snowshoeing adventures across various trails and exhilarating ride experiences like the pipe mountain coaster.
- An invigorating ride on the pipe mountain coaster.
- A rejuvenating experience at the local hot springs, which offer amazing views, ranging from untouched natural settings to refined resort-like atmospheres.
The Heartbeat of Revelstoke – Its Village: The town of Revelstoke, though small in size and oozing small town charm, is abundant in character and offerings. Over 25 unique shops offer everything from local arts to the latest skiing gear. Revelstoke’s coffee shops and dining scene is eclectic, with places like La Baguette offering great ambiance. Catering to both fine diners and those looking for a quick après-ski cocktail or brew, like at La Baguette. Accommodations are plentiful and versatile, from boutique B’n’B’s to large hotels like The Sutton Place Hotel, which offers luxurious condominium-style lodgings right at the heart of Revelstoke Mountain Resort.
Access & Transportation to Revelstoke Mountain Resort: Getting to Revelstoke Mountain Resort is relatively straightforward. While you can fly into the Kelowna Airport and take a shuttle, Revelstoke Transfers offers high speed transfers with up to 5 high speed departures daily during winter. For those flying into Calgary, private transfers or high speed car rentals are the best options, with the drive offering scenic views of the Rocky Mountains.
Strengths & Notable Features of Revelstoke Mountain Resort:
- Revelstoke’s promise of deep, legendary powder isn’t an exaggeration with an average annual snowfall of 10.5 meters.
- The “steep & deep” adventure, where skiers return to Revelstoke Mountain Resort to experience North America’s longest vertical descent and ride the exhilarating rides.
- The Selkirk Tangiers Heli Skiing offers extensive skiable terrain with over 400 runs, boasting 45+ years of experience and prioritizing safety.
- The community vibe of Revelstoke is palpable, emphasizing the charm of smaller towns with friendly faces and shorter lift lines.
Potential Areas for Improvement: While Revelstoke Mountain Resort is one of those ski resorts with vast big mountain terrain and its acclaim as one of the best ski resorts well-deserved, potential visitors should be aware of certain logistics. The Kicking Horse Canyon Project, affecting the Trans Canada Highway, may influence those driving from Calgary, Banff, or Lake Louise, so it’s essential to stay updated with DriveBC.ca for potential highway closures.
Revelstoke Mountain Resort in Revelstoke British Columbia is much more than a skiing destination; it’s an experience. From its vast terrains to its charming town, from its perfectly spaced glades to its array of winter activities, it promises memories that will last a lifetime. If the mountains are calling you this winter, Revelstoke Mountain Resort should undoubtedly be on your radar. A true gem in Canada.